A New Generation
In October 2011, Steve and Denise Kwiatkowski, both licensed funeral directors, purchased Seefeld Funeral and Cremation Services, after owning the Omro Funeral Home since 2002. They look forward to serving the families who call on Seefeld Funeral and Cremation Services with the same care and compassion the families have come to expect from them in Omro.
Doug Seefeld joined the firm in 1989. Being the fourth generation to serve the Oshkosh community.
Our facilities today allow easy handicap access and comfort for all guests. The Oregon Street parking expansion in 2004 doubled the off-street parking for guests.
Our staff members are dedicated to serving the community both in the funeral chapel and through various volunteer activities such as Rotary, Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce and church affiliations.
Ken Seefeld with illustrations of each building
The firm grew with the addition of Kenneth Seefeld in 1965, the construction of the west side facility on Eagle Street in 1970, the purchases of the Plansky Funeral Home of Omro in 1977 and Marquardt Funeral Home in 1979.
We enlarged and renovated the former Marquardt building in 1991. With renovations complete we made the Oregon Street location our main office. The Omro funeral home went independent in 1995 and the Church Avenue building became an attorney's office in 1999.
Milton and Margaret Seefeld in upper
left corner. Milton & Margaret in 1969.
In 1946, the name was changed to Mallery & Seefeld Funeral Home when Milton and Margaret Seefeld (Harry's daughter) bought into the business. The Church Avenue Funeral Home was built in 1960 and the name became Seefeld Funeral Home.
Harry Mallery in the upper right. The
Mallery & Seefeld Funeral Home
in the 1950's.
Established in 1908
Our firm has been privately held since its origination in 1908, when Harry S. Mallery and Edward T. Arhelger formed the partnership, Mallery & Arhelger Undertakers. They worked out of a store at the corner of Church Ave. and N. Main St., doing picture framing, furniture upholstering and funeral service.
In 1914 they purchased and operated the first motorized funeral hearse to be used north of Milwaukee.